Click on the gold text to get more information.
1. Hippocrates, Hypocratic Oath
2. Adam Grant, Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success, Penguin Group, London, England, 2013, 978-0-670-02655-5.
4. Ludwig von Bertalanffy, General System Theory: Foundations, Development, Applications, George Braziller, New York, NY, 1969, 0-8076-0453-4.
Summary: Evolution of systems theory and to present its application to problem solving; an attempt to formulate common laws that apply to scientific field.
5. Hans Selye, Stress Without Distress, J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia & New York, 1974, 0-397-0026-5.
Summary: How to achieve a rewarding life style, in harmony with the laws of Nature, by using stress as a positive force for personal achievement and happiness.
6. Christian Feldman, Gods Gentle Rebels: Great Saints of Christianity, The Crossroad Publishing Company, New York, NY, 1995, 0-8245-1519-6.
Summary: Adventurous stories of men and women who turned the world upside-down quite simply by living differently.
7. Thomas Merton, Conjectures of a Guilty Bystander, Doubleday, New York, NY, 1965, 0-385-01018-4.
Summary: A series of notes, opinions, experiences, and reflections in which the most urgent questions of our age are examined.
8. Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince and Other Writings, Fine Creative Media, Inc., New York, NY, 2003, 1-59308-060-3.
Summary: Cornerstone of modern political theory.
9. C. West Churchman, The Systems Approach, Dell Publishing Co., Inc., New York, NY, 1968, 0-440-58459-0.
Summary: A leading systems analyst presents the first nontechnical study of the space-age science.
10. Robert Hare, PhD, Without Conscience, The Guilford Press, New York, NY, 1993, 1-57230-451-0.
Summary: The disturbing world of the psychopaths among us.
11. Vijay V. Vaitheeswaran, Need, Speed and Greed: How the New Rules of Innovation can Transform Businesses, Propel Nations to Greatness, and Tame the World’s Most Wicked Problem, HarperCollnis Publishers, New York, NY, 2012, 978-0-06-207599-4
12. Stephen Aronson, PhD and Michael F. Mascia, MD, MPH, Stress Management Workbook. Appleton Century Crofts, New York, NY, 1979, 0-8385-8696-1.
Summary: An action plan for taking control of your life and health
13. JAMA-Sunil Eappen, MD; Bennett H. Lane, MS; Barry Rosenberg, MD, MBA; Stuart A. Lipsitz, ScD; David Sadoff, BA; Dave Matheson, JD, MBA; William R. Berry, MD, MPA, MPH; Mark Lester, MD, MBA; Atul A. Gawande, MD, MPH, Relationship Between Occurrence of Surgical Complications and Hospital Finances
14. Michael F. Mascia, MD, MPH, Disaster Preparedness: Lessons Learned from Katrina
15. MF Mascia, M Koch, JJ Medicis, Pharmacoeconomic impact of rational use guidelines on the provision of analgesia, sedation, and neuromuscular blockade in critical care.
16. Weston A. Price, DDS, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.
Summary: An epic study demonstrating the importance of whole food nutrition, and the degeneration and destruction that comes from a diet of processed foods.
17. William Glasser, M.D., Reality Therapy: A New Approach to Psychiatry, Harper & Row, New York, NY, 1965, 65-14672
Summary: An introduction to a therapy that leads all patients toward reality, toward grappling successfully with the tangible and intangible aspects of the real world.
18. Warren Bennis, Daniel Goleman, James O’Toole, Transparency: How Leaders Create a Culture of Candor, Jossey-Bass, San Fransisco, CA, 2008, 978-0-470-27876-5
Summary: Examining transparancy from three different vantage points-within and between organizations, in terms of personal responsibility to the context of digital reality-all with an emphasis on how these relate to leaders and leadership.
19. William Glasser, M.D., Schools Without Failure, Harper & Row, New York, NY, 1969, 68-28199
Summary: Presents suggestions for making involvement, relevance, and thinking realities in our schools and implemented as a whole.
20. Fritjof Capra, The Science of Leonardo, Anchor Books, New York, NY, 2007, 978-1-4000-7883-7
Summary: Inside the mind of the great genius of the Renaissance.
21. Adam Smith, The Money Game, Random House, New York, NY, 1967, 68-14526
Summary: This book is about how the Money Game is played and how the players really behave: how it is played in Wall Street, what money really is, what we think it is and how it makes us behave.
22. Irwin Rubin, Mark Plovnick, Rondald Fry, Improving the Coordination of Care: A Program for Health Team Development, Ballinger Publishing Company,Cambridge, Mass., c. 1970, 0-88410-120-7
Summary: A workbook designed to help health workers better coordinate their efforts to deliver care by improving their teamwork.
23. Fritjof Capra, Learning from Leonardo, Barrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc., San Francisco, California, 2013, 978-1-60994-989-1.
Summary: Decoding the notebooks of genius Leonardo da Vinci
25. Altruism, by Matthew Ricard
26. Peak: Secrets From the New Science of Expertise, by Anders Ericsson
27. SuperCooperators, by Martin A. Nowak
28. Wired Differently, by Vern Dosch
Certified B-Corporation References: